Acceptable IATA kennel guidelines
- be leak-proof, escape-proof and the door must fasten securely
- Kennels used for the carriage of live animals must comply with Live Animals
- Kennel door must be constructed of welded or cast metal.
Plastic or top-opening doors are not allower
- The kennel door should be secures, but not with a locking device, which an agent
cannot open in case of an emergency situation. Zip Ties are recommended
- be large enough for animal to stand, turn around, sit and lie comfortably
in a natural manner.
- be clean, with no offensive odors and contain absorbent material
- the use of straw, hay or wood shavings is prohibited
- Kennel must be free of wheels
- be adequately ventilated
- not be collapsible or foldable
- be marked with the word " Live Animal" on the top
- attached labels with the shipper and consignee's name, address and phone number